Porcelain veneers are an ideal way to improve your smile. They are popular with patients and dentists alike because of their simplicity, versatility and predicability.
Porcelain veneers are a long term cosmetic solution for treating chipped, discoloured, slightly misaligned or misshapen teeth or teeth with gaps between them, especially if these concerns affect front teeth. A tooth that is too small or has irregularities can also be successfully treated with veneers. Porcelain veneers provide a long ing functional and aesthetic solution for a number of cosmetic problems; they look natural, are stain resistant, and custom built to enhance your smile.
Placing custom made porcelain veneers requires a high degree of technical skill as well as attention to cosmetic detail. Two or three visits to Dr Peddey will usually be required to prepare the teeth, check the shade is correct and fit the veneers. Dr Peddey will discuss your needs and your expectations at an initial consultation visit and plan the treatment that suits you best. Each case is designed individually to match and enhance the characteristics of each patients smile.
Dr. Mark Peddey only works with master technicians with whom he has a professional relationship. These technicians work with Dr Peddey to achieve the best result possible for each patient. Dr Peddey has over over twenty five years experience in the placement of porcelain veneers and regularly updates his clinical skills by attending internationally acclaimed workshops and continuing education programs.
Dr. Mark Peddey will ensure that your veneers are crafted from the highest quality porcelains and are bonded with the most advanced and proven materials available. With proper care, porcelain veneers will brighten your smile for well over a decade.
The Care of Porcelain Veneers
- Caring for your porcelain veneers correctly will ensure that they longer. Regular checks and participation in a continuing care program is recommended by Dr Mark Peddey for patients who have invested in porcelain veneers.
- As healthy gums are essential to the success of veneers, daily attention to oral hygiene is important. Regular brushing with a fluoride toothpaste and flossing after meals will help to prevent decay.
- If porcelain veneers are struck by sharp objects, they may fracture, just like normal teeth. Wear a mouthguard for protection during sport.
- Night grinding may place enough pressure on your veneers to break them. If you are at risk of this happening, Dr Mark Peddey may recommend the provision and wearing of a custom made night splint to protect your veneers and your other teeth.
- Excessive chewing or biting on hard foods such as lollies, ice or bones may break the porcelain in the same way that it may break a normal tooth.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
- Porcelain veneers are a more conservative treatment than crowns and can often be used as an alternative if the underlying tooth is strong and healthy
- Veneers are resistant to staining due to age, tea, coffee or smoking
- The porcelain and the cement used in the cementing process are strong, making veneers comparable in strength to normal teeth
- When prepared and applied carefully and if cared for regularly, porcelain veneers can many years
- Porcelain will not decay