The necessary procedure depends on how many teeth are missing:
- Learn more about implants for 1 missing tooth
- Learn more about replacing multiple missing teeth
Replacing 1 Tooth
- The first step is the initial consultation and possibly an x-ray of the jaw.
- The procedure begins by attaching the implant to the jaw, and a small temporary tooth is attached to the implant. A few months are required for the jaw to adjust to the implant.
- Then a ceramic tooth is attached to the abutment.
What to Expect?
- An implant looks, feels and functions like a normal tooth
- An implant will a lifetime if properly cared for
- An implant is stain resistant
- The cost of a single tooth implant is about $3,500, and health insurance can cover a large portion of that
- The implant process takes a number of months
Dental implants provide a stable foundation for a tooth replacement that looks, feels and functions like your natural teeth. This treatment option is supported by several decades of scientific research and successful clinical use. As a result dental implants may be just the tooth replacement solution you are looking for.